Why visit just a lavender farm when you can visit a lavender, honey & produce farm and learn so much more in the same amount of time?
Farm tours at California Lavender Honey Farm are held almost every weekend (one per weekend) by appointment. If no one booked a tour during your desired weekend you can easily book yours, or if you are not the "first in line" you can join the scheduled tour if space is available.
We don't do boring, middle-of-the-road, one-size-fits-all, pre-scheduled tours.
Our tour is tailored to you and we can always adjust it according to your interests and your kids' ages because there is so much to talk about, not just lavender. If your kids are honey bee fans, we can spend more time talking about bees but if they are lavender fans we can do exactly the opposite Our tours are always small group and family friendly.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR OF
CALIFORNIA LAVENDER HONEY FARM:
1. Tour of California Lavender Honey Farm with the focus on sustainability, gardening, lavender, Bees & beekeeping and health & wellness
2. A tour of the Bee Museum – with several hands-on activities
3. Free tastings of our delicious veggies, herbs and honey, whatever is in season (with an opportunity to buy what you like).
4. A stop at our lavender field and learning about different types of lavender, its uses, etc.
5. A TON of cool photo opportunities
6. Gift shop goodies: beeswax candles, 100% natural skincare products, lavender products, honey, lavender tea and more (in summer all our organically and sustainably grown produce is also available to take home with you)
7.Fresh air, singing birds, relaxation, and good vibes!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN DURING THE TOUR
1. How you can implement sustainability projects at home (ex. rain water collection)
2. What plants to grow for a sustainable, drought tolerant, pollinator friendly, and delicious garden
3. How and where to find the best quality honey (what to ask the seller!)
4. How and where to find the best quality olive oil (what to ask the seller!)
5. Different types of lavender and how to use them for health & wellness as well as how not to get scammed when buying lavender products
6. Insights into the fascinating world of bees and bee products and how to use them for your health & wellness
7. And MUCH more!
The whole tour is about 1.5 hours long.
$35 adults, $15 kids ages 5-15, kids 0-4 years FREE
HOW TO BOOK YOUR TOUR
Email us at email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE FARM TOUR
1. No dogs allowed.
2. Wear closed toe shoes; no sandals, flipflops and such will be allowed on the farm - this is for your safety
3. During hot months bring a hat and a sunscreen.
4. This is a working farm, please, be respectful and follow the safety guidelines that will be discussed at the beginning of the tour.
5. We have bees. They are very friendly if you don't approach the hives or show any aggression towards them. If you are allergic to bee sting the farm cannot be responsible for any allergic reaction that you may experience on the farm.
6. Visiting a working farm has some inherent risks: we have working farm equipment, bees and the farm is also a wildlife habitat. We also do tastings during the tour which may cause allergic reaction or digestive upset if you have individual sensitivity to these products. By purchasing the tour you confirm that you understand and accept the risks associated with your visit, you will inform the farm if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies and you will not hold the farm liable for any damage including but not limited to bodily injury or personal property damage that may happen to you on the farm. California Lavender Honey Farm and its owners disclaim any and all liability associated with your visit to the said farm.
MAKE A DAY OUT OF IT OR AN ENTIRE VACATION
If you come to our area from afar it makes sense to stay for the night or the whole weekend. Here is what you can do in the vicinity in 1 day:
MORNING: California Lavender Honey Farm tour
AFTERNOON: Wine tasting. We are part of Pleasant Valley Wine Trail (the name is not accidental, we have some fabulous views here!) There are several great family friendly wineries within 10 min drive from our farm or less. Our favorites are: Graveyard Vineyards and Four Sisters
EVENING: The amazing Sensorio Field of Light is located just 13 min drive from our farm.
IF YOU WANT TO STAY LONGER
If you want to stay longer (and trust me, you will want to because you will LOVE it here) check out our extensive list of family friendly things to do in Paso Robles.
If you are staying overnight in our area, there are LOTS of lodging options on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail within 2-15 minutes drive from our farm. There are cabins and houses to rent, RV resorts and more. Check out LODGING page on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail website for all available options.
EVENTS AT THE FARM
Every year we have special seasonal events on the farm, for example special Harvest themed event, Christmas themed weekend, Valentines Day weekend and so on. Typically during such events we have either special tours or special gifts for our visitors or both. Most of the time our events are tied with special events on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail so if you come to the Trail you will be able to attend not just our event but events at other venues on the Trail.
TRADITIONAL YEARLY EVENTS
ROYAL CHRISTMAS AT THE FARM
WHEN: First Weekend in December
2 special tours/experiences at the Farm taking place at 11 am on both Saturday and Sunday on the first weekend in December.
Join us at California Lavender Honey Farm on a unique lavender farm tour and experience that focuses on royal and Christmas traditions and how lavender is the centerpiece of it all.
During the tour you will:
💜 Learn about different types of lavender, its uses, and how this amazing flower is related to royalty;
💜 Test different types of lavender oil;
💜 Learn how lavender is connected to Christmas traditions;
💜 Put together a holiday gift (included with an adult ticket only);
💜 Get some great recipes for unique holiday dishes (handout provided)
💜 Take holiday pictures with our adorable décor
💜 OPTIONAL(but delicious 😋): Royal Tea experience (a donation of 1 unwrapped toy is required in addition to the price of the ticket. This part of the tour is in support of @pleasantvalleywinetrail Toys for Tots drive. 1 toy guarantees Royal Tea experience for up to 4 people in your group)
Experience duration: 1 - 1.5 hours
Price: $45/adults, $20/kids ages 5-15, kids under 5 - FREE
ADVANCED RESERVATION REQUIRED!
TICKETS: Link to tickets for this event will be posted in early November
P.S. Wear something purple 💜, if you can, for a fun, immersive experience
For The Love Of Bees
WHEN: the weekend before Valentine's Day
Come celebrate Valentine's Day with us and also learn about the amazing world of bees! Visit the Bee Museum, taste our delicious honey, learn about other amazing products that bees make and what we can create from them.
All paying participants of this event will receive a honey bee themed GIFT!
Event price: $30/adults, $10/kids ages 5-10, kids under 5 - FREE
Event time: 10 am both Saturday and Sunday
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED, NO WALK-INS
To book your ticket: email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is part of the bigger Valentine's Day celebration on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail. Each participating winery will have themed special events going on and freebies. To learn more details , check the Trail's website in the beginning of February.
We welcome professional photographers and their customers to our beautiful farm for photo shoots.
Photographers can bring their own props or use ours. We have lots of great props for all major holidays and themes: Easter, Fall, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.
The price for the professional photo shoot is $40 per hour/per session.
Please, email us if you would like to have a photo shoot at California Lavender Honey Farm: email@example.com