Farm tours at California Lavender Honey Farm are held almost every weekend (one per weekend) by appointment. If no one booked a tour during your desired weekend you can easily book yours, or if you are not the "first in line" you can join the scheduled tour if space is available.
Our tours are small group tours and are family friendly.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR OF
CALIFORNIA LAVENDER HONEY FARM
1.Tour of California Lavender Honey Farm with the focus on the topics of sustainability, gardening and beekeeping.
2.A tour of the Bee Museum – the newest attraction on our farm – with several hands-on activities
3.Free tastings of our delicious veggies, herbs and honey, whatever is in season (with an opportunity to buy what you like).
4.A stop at our lavender field and learning about different types of lavender
5.A TON of cool photo opportunities
6.Gift shop goodies: beeswax candles, hand salves, soaps and more
7.Fresh air, singing birds and good vibes!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN DURING THE TOUR
1. How you can implement sustainability projects at home (ex. rain water collection)
2. What plants to grow for a sustainable, drought friendly, and delicious garden
3. How and where to find the best quality honey (what to ask the seller!)
4. How and where to find the best quality olive oil (what to ask the seller!)
5. Different types of lavender and how to use them
6. Insights into the fascinating world of bees and bee products and how to use them
7. And MUCH more!
The whole tour is about 1.5 hours long.
$35 adults, $15 kids ages 5-15, kids 0-4 years FREE
HOW TO BOOK YOUR TOUR
Email us at email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE FARM TOUR
1. No dogs allowed.
2. Wear closed toe shoes; no sandals, flipflops and such will be allowed on the farm - this is for your safety
3. During hot months bring a hat and a sunscreen.
4. This is a working farm, please, be respectful and follow the safety guidelines that will be discussed at the beginning of the tour.
5. We have bees. They are very friendly if you don't approach the hives or show any aggression towards them. If you are allergic to bee sting the farm cannot be responsible for any allergic reaction that you may experience on the farm.
6. Visiting a working farm has some inherent risks: we have working farm equipment, bees and the farm is also a wildlife habitat. We also do tastings during the tour which may cause allergic reaction or digestive upset if you have individual sensitivity to these products. By purchasing the tour you confirm that you understand and accept the risks associated with your visit, you will inform the farm if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies and you will not hold the farm liable for any damage including but not limited to bodily injury or personal property damage that may happen to you on the farm. California Lavender Honey Farm and its owners disclaim any and all liability associated with your visit to the said farm.
MAKE A DAY OUT OF IT OR AN ENTIRE VACATION
If you come to our area from afar it makes sense to stay for the night or the whole weekend. Here is what you can do in the vicinity in 1 day:
MORNING: California Lavender Honey Farm tour
AFTERNOON: Wine tasting. We are part of Pleasant Valley Wine Trail (the name is not accidental, we have some fabulous views here!) There are several great family friendly wineries within 10 min drive from our farm or less. Our favorites are: Graveyard Vineyards and Four Sisters
EVENING: The amazing Sensorio Field of Light pictured below is located just 13 min drive from our farm.
If you want to stay longer (and trust me, you will want to because you will LOVE it here) check out our extensive list of family friendly things to do in Paso Robles.
If you are staying overnight in our area, there are LOTS of lodging options on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail within 2-15 minutes drive from our farm. There are cabins and houses to rent, RV resorts and more. Check out LODGING page on Pleasant Valley Wine Trail website for all available options.